Tuesday, December 8, 2009

time flies..


I guess it's true to say that time flies.  It doesn't seem at all like I've had this blog a whole year plus like a week!
Around this time last year, I think I was complaining about my English teacher, and the dumb assignments we had in her class. Well, this time around in December, I'm loving my English teacher/class/assignments! We've actually read some good books, I found an author I liked, and because of the assignments, I was forced to find a book of my own, and I am ending up to love it!!
I'm kinda reading a lot of books right now, but that's ok, because I'm almost done with one, another is really easy, and I am enjoying the other two quite a bit.  The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde  is interesting, and I enjoy our in-class discussions/debates/tangents that we get on from one little question about the book.  Mary Reilly  is an easy read little companion to Jekyll and Hyde.  On my own, I picked up  The Reader at a little bookshop in Coronado (we had Thanksgiving at the Del Coronado), and am speeding right through it.  About a Boy, though, by far, is my favorite.  I find it poignant and funny, and sweet.  And true.  (also the movie is one of my favorites).
We just made cookies, 3 dozen chocolate chip cookies, and 3 dozen molasses cookies.  We're sending two dozen of each to my friends dad who is stationed in Afghanistan.  So I feel like I did my good deed this holiday season.  I donated 2 dollars to livestrong, and a lot of pennies to Pennies for Peace.
Rat dissection on Thursday!!

~molly (:

3 comments:

Don said...

I may have to come back to this post once my Christmas vacation kicks in. I've read two books based on your blog... why not make it three... or four.

I love the end of the post: not quite a non sequitur, but close.

Happy Holidays!

_we_the_pieces_ said...

Which two have you read?
I'll guess Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, because most people have read that, and About a Boy.

Sacha van Straten said...

About a Boy - what a great novel.

Hope 2010 brings you much happiness - even if we are a month in, I trust all has gone well.

Sacha