Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Good Luck!


Barack Obama
Originally uploaded by baonguyen

I think that today, no matter what your race, religion, nationality, political party, you can realize that something tremendous has occurred. Barack Hussein Obama was sworn in as President of the United States of America. In my opinion, (and I believe my opinion to be right) Obama is an amazing man. His words are so strong and powerful, they brought a friend of mine, a teenage boy, to tears.
"And so, to all other peoples and governments who are watching today, from the grandest capitals to the small village where my father was born: know that America is a friend of each nation and every man, woman and child who seeks a future of peace and dignity, and we are ready to lead once more."
In my community, almost everyone is a democrat, and most everyone is a liberal. Most of us have been utterly ashamed of our country these last few years. Today, I was, for the first time in a long time, proud to call myself American.  

The road ahead will be difficult, but I am sure that, yes, he can do it.  My best wishes to Barack, Michelle, Sasha, and Malia Obama.  


~molly<3

No comments: