Sunday, January 4, 2009

(un)inspired


really, I want to write.  really badly.  I am just so ridiculously uninspired.  it's never been this difficult.  i am attributing this to the fact that i dislike writing poetry on the computer.  narratives, essays, fine.  i just really dislike writing poetry on the computer.  and writing it out by hand is turning out to be difficult, as I am right-handed, and my right hand is in a cast, thumb included.  it just makes writing a pain. but the cast is to be off soon (hopefully).  
it could be that i just don't feel very productive.  i got a load of new books for Christmas, but have decided to re-read the Harry Potter series.  I read book six, then seven, then one, two, and i am currently on three.  i started this 3 days ago.  
but my dad and i finished that Beatles puzzle, so that's something.  and i did hang out with my friends at the promenade in the cold for 5 hours.  but it was fun.  oh, and i was forced to clean my room.  that took up a couple days of break.  and i couldn't sleep last night, so i cleaned out the desk in my room.  still not going to use it though....
school starts again tomorrow.  i really don't want to wake up at seven.  that'll be the earliest i've gotten up in in 2 weeks.  the last week i've been sleeping past noon.

agh

~molly<3

2 comments:

Inkpot said...

I hate when the holidays are over and you have to go back to normal life. It is so depressing. I hope you find your inspiration soon. It is a pain not being able to hand write.

Sacha van Straten said...

It's a funny old world. I prefer writing poetry on a computer. Mainly, because I'm left-handed and find hand writing a painful chore.

Also, I type quickly, so when an idea comes to me I can spew the words out onto the screen quickly.

You should take this opportunity to play with wordle.net. I've put some more samples onto my Flickr account.

http://snipurl.com/9kv4t

Go play and don't worry about tomorrow. I don't start officially until next Monday, but will be setting my alarm and going in tomorrow anyway, because there's so much to do and it helps get my body/mind re-adjusted to early cold starts.

It's dropped to minus 10 overnight in England and it's snowed here as well.

Happy New Year!